Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ever Lasting Victories


Two years ago I came to realize that I was extremely over weight. At my heaviest, I weighted 250lbs. I was not happy with my self and I wanted to change so badly. One lazy afternoon I decided that for now on I would work out and eat healthier to see if I would loose any pounds.

Surely enough I started to shed the pounds, my hard work was paying off. Now I roughly weigh 195lbs give or take a few. I continue to exercise on a regular bases to this day, but now my work outs include biking along with my routinely work outs on the treadmill.

I soon came to a revelation of sorts.  

If I stick at it long enough, I eventually get lucky. I will get what I wanted.

The other side of the story is, if I enjoy success long enough, I will make mistakes, and I will blow it.


Lasting success requires more than luck. Lasting success requires learning from mistakes and using what I have learned to move on to greater victories. 

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you writing and feeling good about your accomplishments! Do not fear failure, my friend. Define your challenges and struggles as opportunities to learn, grow, and change. Just think; if you hadn't "failed" at keeping a healthy body mass, you wouldn't appreciate the "success" you enjoy today.

    Take care, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late response Petty but blogger won't let comment on anything when I use the computer. Through some investagetion I discovered online that many people have the same problem with their blogs. I found out I can leave comments using my iPhone, so thats I was able to leave this comment.

    You're comment reminds me of a quote.
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    -Thomas Edison

    ReplyDelete